Tuesday 6 March 2012


One of my favourite quotes is from Forrest Gump: “My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." 

While lying in bed last night, looking out at the stars in a very clear sky, and recalling just such a moment far back in time, I thought - life is also like a box of cupcakes.  You can choose exactly the kind of topping you want – swirls of excitement, pretty dashes of colour, dark intensity, luxurious extravagance, frills and sparkle…

Whatever you choose, space out those bites and take time to savour each one very slowly... and maybe even pass up a topping or two every once in a while.   I once took a bite too large and wondered if I’d ever recover from the agonising ache of having indulged too much in something too sweet, too intense…

No comments:

Post a Comment