Wednesday 14 March 2012


THE PATH THAT CURVED

I once walked a mountain path with two friends
and saw before me the road stretching into infinity as we talked of days past – things we had shared, places we had gone, memories that made us laugh…
Until we came upon a turning.
We couldn’t see what lay beyond and I grew quiet,
Hiding behind my thoughts as I shrank into my silence.

The bend for me an end of all that I knew to be familiar,
The voices of my companions walled out by my fear,
I didn’t want to take that turn into the unknown.
My only desire was to walk that straight unending path with two known faces – two minds in harmony with mine…

I tried to fathom what mystery lay hidden around that bend
But nothing met my eye that was not obscured…
And so I lingered, panic stricken, too awed by the strange, the nameless, the faceless - the void with many questions…
and thus I stayed as hour melted into hour and sunset into sunset,
The gentle assurance of those most loved silenced by the pounding of my heart,
As the bend, somehow, grew bigger than the road.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry....I just stopped blogging after the briefest stint!

    ReplyDelete